August 9, 2021
2021-2022 Back to School COVID Guidelines
Our School System recognizes the ongoing, ever-changing dynamics of COVID and/or its new variant(s). In addition, the CDC has communicated concern over children’s vulnerability to COVID and/or its new variant(s). While it is recommended, masks are not required. As a district, we will continue to monitor local health department and state guideline updates to make changes to district protocols/procedures when appropriate. For the beginning of the school year, we will follow the procedures below:
Students with COVID
● Principal and/or School Nurse are to be notified
● Isolation begins on positive diagnosis
● A doctor’s note is to be provided to School Secretary
● COVID verified absences will be excused
Student with close contact of another student or adult
● Principal and/or School Nurse shall notify the parents/guardians of students deemed to be “close contact” (within 6 ft for 15 minutes) via phone call or letter
● Identified “close contacts” should watch for symptoms
● If symptoms occur, seek medical attention and begin COVID protocol (if advised).
● If no symptoms occur, student may report to school.
● If symptoms occur, students should stay home for 5 days or until no symptoms have been present for 3days.
• 10 days (return on Day 11) from exposure if no symptoms present (COVID test collected not required for return)
• 7 days (return on Day 8) from exposure if no symptoms present and negative COVID test collected after day 5
No quarantine needed IF:
• COVID-19 diagnosis within 90 days of exposure OR
• Fully vaccinated AND
• No symptoms of COVID-19
Exposure is defined as within 6 feet of a case for a cumulative total >15 minutes over a 24-hour period.